Friday, 27 March 2009

Day 14

Today we did a cooking course at Baan Cookery School.

Thailand has at least 4 types of eggplant, the only one of which I have seen in Oz is the purple lady finger like ones- I think there Italian. In Thailand they had pea sized ones, baby tomato sized ones some of which are sweet and some not and then larger ones that look like a gourd. The mushrooms come in lots of varieties and there are about 10 different green and leafy things that I have forgotten names of.

We cooked 5 dishes and ate them all so we could hardly move by the end of the day, swearing we wouldn't eat for a day we went to one of the larger plaza shops and had popcorn while watching The Knowing.. (do not see this film it was 3 hours of my life I will never get back material).

Actually Em ordered the popcorn and the drinks; the girl doesn't understand calorie restriction. And yes the Knowing had the potential to be just another bad Nic Cage film. It was far worse than that. Think Battlefield Earth and add in some Christology. Unfortunately Gone in 60 Seconds was his last good film. The highlight of the film was standing up for the salute to the King, which is the second time on this trip I've unexpectedly had to stand to attention. The seats in Thailand cinemas are great they recline like Gold Class but at about AUS$4.50 for a ticket their a bargain bonanza except that you have to look through subtitles at the bottom of the screen. Thai script is not always discrete with its accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment